Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My sister once told me that it all goes downhill after 35, so for the next four months I'm going to get geared up for my downward spiral.

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a little while now, and when I mentioned it on Facebook, I got an overwhelming response of posts, emails and people at my office telling me to go for it. So, I'm taking your advice to start one and will of course blame you all if this crashes and burns. I'm not really sure where this blog will go, but one of my main focuses will be trying to make some healthy life changes before my 35th birthday (four months from today). And I figured...if I blog about it, then maybe I'll be held accountable for it.
Please keep in mind...I am not a health guru nor do I ever intend to be one. I am not a registered dietician or a personal trainer. I don't really even know what is truly healthy. (Did they ever make a decision on eggs?) So, please don't follow my lead at all. In fact...just stop reading now. SEE! I knew I would fail!

I am merely a person who wants to make little changes and sort of document my progress, and we'll see what happens after 4 months of it. I'm sort of like a blogging science experiment. Perhaps I'll grow mold. Who knows? But I am NOT setting a weight-loss goal. I believe in my clothes...not scales. And I am NOT going on a diet. Everyone is on a diet...it's either a good one or a bad one. And I'm NOT joining a gym. I have two kids, a husband, a full-time job and very little disposable income. I have an elliptical machine at home, an exercise ball, hand weights, resistance bands, a yoga mat and a few videos. And seriously...I sorta feel thinner just knowing that it's all here. Knowing is half the battle, right? (I really hate exercising. You will learn this about me soon enough.)

Anyway...That's it. Let's see how this goes. OH! And you will also probably see posts about my kids because they are too cute and funny not to talk about.



2 comments:

  1. Lose the negativity or I'm not following. Good start. I need positive energy to follow. K? Oh, and this doesn't start until Monday, right? Love you and proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that negativity is part of my charm, right?

    ReplyDelete