Thursday, November 17, 2011

My friend Stephanie told me that if she ever thought I was getting fat, then she'd let me know by offering to split lunch with me when we go out.

This was right after we split lunch at Cocina Superior. Hmmm...

I know she was joking, but it got me thinking. Do any of us really have that solid person in our lives who will actually tell us the truth about ourselves. And even more than that...do we REALLY want to know the truth? (Cue Jack Nicholson.)

Very few outfits get put on this body of mine that I don't immediately go to my husband and ask "Do I look fat in this?" His standard response: "No, you don't look fat. You don't look like an Oompa Loompa. You don't have big legs. You don't have muffin top. Your boobs don't look too big. And you can't see any cellulite." Poor guy. He has to remember the right answers to all of the specific questions that I guess I've asked him at some point. Notice I said "the right answers." Because what in the world would I do if one day he just up and said, "Yep, babe. Hate to tell you this, but you look like a whale in that." ???? Would I curl up and cry like a baby? Would I lash out? ("WELL WHO ASKED YOU?!?") Why do I even ask these questions? I don't want to know the truth for real. All it boils down to is that I see these problem areas with myself, and I just want someone to tell me that they are NOT problem areas at all and that I'm just perfect. Basically...just lie to me so we can walk out the door on time. :)

My workouts are going okay. I'm not finding as much time to get in my full 30 minutes these days. We are heading out of town this weekend for my cousins wedding, and I've been busy in the evenings this week trying to get everything washed, ironed and packed. But I am still keeping up with the 100 pushups, and I just added the 200 squats app to the mix. I LOVE it! And speaking of pushups and squats, here is a new workout plan to try out from my friend Keri!

Using only squats, pushups and a jog in place, complete the following movements:
1. Jog in place for 1 minute, perform 10 squats, 10 pushups and then jog in place for 1 minute.
2. Stretch the legs.
3. Perform 15 squats, 15 squat jumps (leaving the ground), 15 pushups
4. Jog in place for 1 minute, perform 10 squats, 10 pushups and then jog in place for 1 minute.
5. Perform 20 squat pulses, 20 frog hops (leaving the ground), 20 tricep pushups or pressups.
6. Jog in place for 1 minute, perform 10 squats, 10 pushups and then jog in place for 1 minute.
7. Perform 15 squats, 15 squat jumps (leaving the ground), 15 pushups.
8. Jog in place for 1 minute, perform 10 squats, 10 pushups and then jog in place for 1 minute.
9. Perform 20 squat pulses, 20 frog hops, 20 tricep pushups.
10. Stretch.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment