Friday, January 6, 2012

Nobody eat the Greek yogurt! The Greek yogurt has gone bad!!

Do you remember that scene in the movie "Can't Hardly Wait" when the nerd kid drinks the beer and screams out that the beer has gone bad? And folks are all "Tastes like beer to me."/"Me too!" Well, that was how I felt the first time I had Greek yogurt. I'd seen people tweeting about it and how great it was. And gals in the office all swore by it, so when I was in the store one day, I bought some. I was excited to open it and give it a shot. I took my first bite. Um...UM...what the...BLECH!!!! It was like that taste you get from a sprite when there is too much carbonated water and not enough syrup. I swear...I think the stuff fizzed in my mouth. It was NOT good. How could this be? How could all of these sheep be so fooled into thinking this stuff is tasty?! Are they those creepy rice cake people who claim that those styrofoam cakes actually taste good?? And then I thought about it...maybe it was the brand. I'm the kind of person who LOVES a Diet Coke, but I wouldn't drink a Diet Pepsi if you paid me. (Well...depends on how much you paid me...)

So, I went back to the store and bought a different one. Tried it, and was so pleasantly suprised...success! Fage Greek Yogurt is truly awesome! And it comes with this little fruit cup on the side so you can mix all the fruit flavor into the plain yogurt all at the same time. Or you can dip the yogurt in it. OR you can mix some in and dip the rest. The possibilities are endless. But it was good, y'all. Like really, REALLY good. I like the Fage Total 0%. I encourage you to give it a shot!

I'll try rice cakes next.

3 comments:

  1. Chobani pineapple is so good!

    We never buy sour cream any more. Plain greek yogurt is a perfect sour cream replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the plain Greek is just terrible but I have friends who love to eat it w/o flavoring. I'm with Krinny on the Chobani Pineapple. It's full of flavor! The texture also took some getting used. My fave way: Stir up the plain really well to make it super creamy and then add fruit, a bit of honey, and vanilla granola. You can also had Hansen's fruit sticks (powder made from Truvia meant to flavor water) and mix well.

    ReplyDelete